I recently updated MoneyStew – http://money-stew.appspot.com/ , a project that I envisioned a long time ago and originally built on top of ExtJs. I recently scrapped all of the front end code and converted the entire project to a AngularJS/Angular Material project. I am unsure if it has actually been an improvement – since it is mostly at feature parity with the original version and I had to dial back some of the UI since the Material project didn’t have some of the required widgets that I needed. I decided the best process was to update the UI code without touching the backend, to ensure that I didn’t actually loose any data. This limited me from updating the api, which I hope I can improve on over time.